Tuesday, August 28, 2007

A new day shines, and I shall craft

I recently downloaded the 14 day trial for SWG. For the r-tards in the crowd, that's Star Wars Galaxies. Now some of you might consider me an r-tard now that I've admitted to playing SWG after the NGE and such, but I have goals beyond your comprehension! Seriously..

Anyways, I'm going to play a Structural Trader. That means that I'll be able to build houses, furniture (oh joy!), and spaceships (fuuck yeaaah).

Now before starting I read up a little bit on what the new and improved SWG is actually like. As some of you may know, most of the rantings found on the internet on this case are usually along the lines of: "OMFG WTFBBQ DIS IS SO GHEY". (I know, who says BBQ anymore)

But I really couldn't find an unbiased source. Everyone was just mad about the shit, except for one guy, but he's not important.

I made myself a female human (first attempt at faking female in an online game) and began on my journey to controlling the world of SWG (via massive amounts of money I want to make).

There is a tutorial which is much better than when the game originally launched (without one) and it involves Han Solo, C3PO, R2D2, and Chewy. Neat. Do some quests, yadda yadda yadda, get some experience, yadda yadda yadda, not really understand what the fuck is going on.

Apparently with the NGE, I can't craft and still have a weapon specialization (eg Pistoleer). However, as I increase my craft level, I believe my combat level also raises. Allowing me to use higher level weapons.

One neat thing about this new SWG is the FPS/twitch-like combat. How cool is that. I click as fast as I can (or hold the trigger) while aiming and it's really quite fun. I guess a lot of people didn't like this aspect, because, well they suck at FPS games. Quite a few of the mobs you'll fight will run around you or behind you making it a tad more difficult to hit, which is pretty neat.

While in the newb Space Station (remember Jump to Lightspeed expansion) with Han Solo, I received a couple Pilot quests. I must admit I got a little excited. Firstly because I have played Earth and Beyond (so ghey), Freelancer (freeeeeee), and EvE, in that order. I'm an FPS man at heart, and I could only imagine how fun it would be.

My mission: meet up with a guy and give him some fairy dust or some shit. What I did: start shooting fucking everything. Blues became red and I became excited. After I had killed just about every ship in the area (it was so enjoyable) I remembered about my mission, and find what I believe to be the fairy dust receivers ship wreckage, whoops.

Those who play games with me know that I have a gun-ho, rambo side to me. So this incident would be considered somewhat normal. I return to my Space Station (that's no moon, just kidding) and am alerted with a YOU FAILED FUCKHEAD message, which I treated as a badge of honor. So I get the quest again, fly out there, find Mr. Fairy dust himself and dock with his ship. Transfer said fairy dust and hooray, I am done.

I had a few quests left in the Space Station, but I decided to leave with Han and go down to Tatooine. As soon as the world loaded I quit the game and went to friggin bed.

Comcast comes today, maybe they'll finally fix my shit, though I doubt it. In the meantime, I'll be lagging it up with some sweet arse crafting, SWG style! Because we all know SWG had the most enjoyable crafting system (resources at least).

No comments: