Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Jaded and Bored: The Average MMO Player

Levels, gear, grind, downtime, orcs, elves, humans, gnomes, dwarfs, dungeons, instancing, raiding, lotto, dkp, guilds, groups, mobs, con, ding, gratz!

I don't even know why I care about this shit anymore. I mean, don't get me wrong, please, I love wasting my time on these games. Well, for a month tops, then I switch to another and don't reach max level.

I recently reactivated my Vanguard account, I have a 14 Bard which is apparently one of the best PvP classes in the game. I'm on the Free For All PvP server, so this is important to me. This game is just so poor in some areas that it fucking saddens me.

Most games have set paths for you to advance through via quests and cities. Vanguard does as well, however, their calculations are a bit off. My main problem with my toons in VG is that around level 10 the leveling gets noticeably slower. Mainly this is due to my lack of grouping, I'm a soloist, big whoop wanna fight about it? The problem with VG is that around level 9-10 you are near your first dungeon which means Group quests. If you skip these group quests (most impossible to solo) and proceed to the next town, you will find it almost equally difficult to complete the regular quests. Why? My theory is that during the testing there were people around in the low level areas to group with, so the majority of players were able to complete those quests. Whereas now, in the state of death that the game is currently in, I'm lucky if I even see another player, more so if they're within 5 levels of myself.

It's sad, really. If you played in the open beta and didn't cry about the bugs and lag, then you know what I'm talking about. The game was fucking fun and exciting. Here you are sitting around in town trying to figure out what the fuck is even going on and then SHIT, some dudes wailing on you out of nowhere! It was fucking exciting, like UO once was. I can only hope to reach max level and participate in the endgame PvP, but I have quite a few hurdles in my way, and the closest is the biggest.

I haven't been gaming nearly as much as I'd like to recently, I don't know wtfs up with me. I get home and end up spending time with my girlfriend instead of ignoring her and playing games. It's pretty fucking stupid. Oh wells, maybe I'll just try extra hard today.

ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!!

I don't have work Monday or Tuesday (really? How'd you get Tuesday off? lulz) so this motherfucking weekend I'm going fucking hardcore balls out fucking internet mode. That means tons of fucking gaming, tons of fucking cussing, and tons of fucking blogging (that's the plan anyway). I know you're excited, it's okay, I am too.

On a side note I feel really gdamn blessed. If you head over to Plaguelands and click the "Click to Inspect" button near the top right, you'll see my name linked to this blog under the word "Servitors". How fucking amazing is that? I'm fucking nobody and that asshole linked me, it really is a thing of beauty and awesomeness. <3s to my Krone(y)s


WE'RE NOT WORTHY
WE'RE NOT WORTHY

1 comment:

Odette said...

Keep up the good work.