Monday, April 14, 2008

What's goin on with me?

Well, I'll star off by telling you about how to have fun with the past. This weekend my girlfriend brought up that she hasn't played Super Nintendo, which means no Zelda. So I downloaded Zelda Classic, a pc .exe that is the NES Zelda, quite awesome if I do say so myself. Well, the first one didn't really do it for her. So I then went and downloaded an SNES emulator and found a torrent with 5 zillion SNES games and picked The Legend of Zelda: A link to the past. Immediately upon seeing the games loading screen, I was linking to the past, all of these feelings and memories came to the top and I got so goddamn excited, it was amazing. Even she was getting excited just by seeing the improvements from the first one to the second and by seeing how excited I was.

She doesn't even want to play the game. Well, she does, but she just hasn't played many games of that age so the controls and making something clunky be fluid just isn't that easy for her yet. But, she loves watching me play, we just lay in bed and she watches me play. I'll be playing SWG and I'll die or something and sigh and she'll pipe in: "Wanna play Zelda?" which means: "Wanna play Zelda so I can watch?"

It's great, it really is. So far I've gotten 2 pendants, one from the Desert and one from the "Ice" place (with the worm bosses, also where you find the ice wand I believe?) which I've dubbed that due to finding the ice wand there. I got my uber strength gloves, my flippers, a couple bottles to store faeries in, and I've got my charge. The game is just so fucking awesome, you really forget why you play games when you're livin in the present, competition isn't always the way.

I highly recommend everyone download a SNES emulator (I recommend ZNES or whatever it's called, the one with the Z at the front) and their favorite games and giving it a whirl. It just might help you through your MMO/gaming slump.

As for SWG things have been going rather well. My two friends, both a bit young/dumb/immature, have been helping keep my interest. We're all in a guild, though I believe it is an "alt guild", for other peoples alts, but I don't even really know. I only joined so I can talk to both of them at the same time when not in a group (due to the huge xp loss grouping takes from you). I didn't hang out with them much though due to fucking grinding my shit bitches! I'm levelin! Fast!

There is a dev sponsored PvP event on my server April 19th (day before holiday lolzorz, I coined it National Relaxation day in high school) that I want to participate in, even though I most likely will not be max level, why do I have these delusions of grandeur? Well because I've had a couple duels recently. As a 28 Smuggler I beat a 38 Jedi a couple of times in a duel. I also got on of my friends in game's 75+ Jedi to half health as a 28 Smuggler. Then I dueled his 43 Medic a couple of times and beat it every time if I had all of my abilities available. So I have concluded that I may be able to at least annoy some people, especially since Smugglers specialize in Area Effects (dmg and roots/snares). I've always been good at not standing out in PvP and coming from out of nowhere to lay a smack down, I don't see why SWG would be any different. I'm not expecting to wtf pwn people, but maybe I'll get noticed or get some recognition of a job well done, I mean shit, it is dev sponsored anyway and I'll probably be the only toon there that is under level 60.

In the Smuggler expertise there are two paths for extra specialization. One for Melee and one for Pistols. Prior to this weekend I only put points into melee (allowing my basic attack abilities to progress and become stronger such as Dizzy 1, Dizzy 2, etc) but my weapon has been slowly becoming less effective and at level 30 I received a pistol with about 50 more base DPS. So I can now alternate if I want to be melee or ranged which is pretty fuckin cool if you ask me considering my class is capable of being awesome at both, especially in my hands :p.

Today I will be farming Tusken Observers for a rare loot drop that I hope is still in the game (most SWG info online is out dated) which is called (I think) a Gadereffi baton, I hope that's the right weapon that I'm thinking off. It's the metal pipe that curves into a faucet type opening with a huge fucking nail at the end. Hopefully the DPS will be acceptable and I'll be able to resume my melee game. As it is, there doesn't appear to be much in my future in the melee weapons department.

I put points into an expertise that buffs myself allowing my next crit to do double damage. Add that with my ability that allows my next special attack to be a crit, along with my AE highest dmg ability, and you've got me 2 shotting 5 greens and 3-4 shotting groups of blues as well. Not to mention the possibilities in the PvP event. I can hit for about 4k damage when I only have around 6-7k health.

I discovered a set of quests that allow you to receive a set of Acklay armor. Acklays are the huge beasts that Obi Wan had to fight in that big arena from like Episode 2 I think, the big multi-legged bastard thing. Anyways you can only get 1 piece at a time and you have to go across Naboo to farm the pieces necessary to make them. I had about half a suit when one of my friends told me about Clone armor. I find out that I can probably do the clone armor quest right now, at level 33 or so, and get uber armor. Much better than Acklay armor, anyway. So I miraculously manage to solo that quest, there was one part in a small room where I got attacked by like 8 guys all my level or higher. Since I managed to kill one before I died, I got the information for the quest which I needed, hoorah!

I now look like a storm trooper with a bit of pink(light red) sprinkled in due to being Rebel aligned and the armors color coated. I also finished up the Acklay armor quests just to get a suit (minus gloves/boots due to them not providing any bonuses) which I plan on setting around my house for decoration, whenever I get one of those.

That's where I am right now. I frapsed a few things this weekend, I'd like to put a video together, if only encoding/compressing video didn't take so long. Maybe I'll have that running when I'm playing Zelda next, yeah, there we go. Expect a shitty/smally video of my SWG antics soon!

No comments: