Thursday, August 14, 2008

August Thirteenth, Two Thousand and Eight!

Today I decided to stay true to my vow and take it slow with WoW, by playing only CS! I had a great time too, good ol' CSGamer GunGame. I finally won which hasn't happened in a long looong time and now my total wins (according to the current stats) is 3. I know I won at least 20 times back in the day, because I used to be fucking ridiculous. I am semi returning to that ridiculous state of skrillz which feels good.

There is this ninja motherfucker named Kenny who plays there and he is the knife master, but I am also a knife master so we have a little knife master rivalry going on which is fun. If we're on the same team it is just fuckin ridiculous because we knife fuckin everyone. Especially if we go the same way, he'll knife a guy, I'll jump in his way and shield him from the bullets and steal the knife, then I stab the next guy and he does the same, it is just fuckin awesome. I really had fun yesterday.

When I used to play at CSGamer I knew all of the regulars (mainly the good ones, but mostly all regulars) and nowadays that list of regulars has changed. But yesterday I think they started to notice me which makes me feel good on the inside like a itty bitty baby.

I've got my groove back, just like Stella. I can run and jump and instead of slowing down like most people who jump I speed up or slow down at a much lower rate because I know how to play the damn game.

There was one part that kind of pissed me off though. Me and Kenny had our first one on one knife to the death and I dodged his first couple attacks but he still got me. I jumped too much and then couldn't move away quick enough. Then he says jump scripts won't cut it. That made me pretty fuckin mad. Look at my Steam ID, 149960 (I think), that is fucking low man. I've been playing since beta 7, I make fun of people who use jump scripts because all the script does is execute commands that you CAN do on your own.

I'm going to try and describe how to "strafe jump". The most accurate description I can give of it is that you're "stretching" for extra inches. A lot of people try to strafe jump while still holding down the forward key, and that is wrong. You cannot turn as sharply and stretch your distance as far when you hold forward, now don't get me wrong, I can do it in scouts knives while still holding forward and sometimes in regular games I will still hold forward to get a longer more obtuse curve, when I'm trying to knife at a greater distance, but the majority of the time you don't want to.

Okay, here is a brief run through of what to do to strafe jump (you can strafe jump just once and have it be beneficial, it is difficult to jump multiple times and each jump gets harder in a chain of jumps). Hold forward and get to max speed. Jump and immediately let go of forward. While still in the air (hopefully you haven't reached your maximum jump height yet) hold the left strafe key while also curving your mouse in an upward arch to the left. When you do it right you can feel it. Once you land you better not fucking hit forward. The exact second you land you hit jump again. Just as before you have to do this next part quickly while still in the air. Hold right strafe and curve your mouse in an upward arch (like an upside down U, like this n) to the right.

If you strafe right you curve your mouse right, strafe left curve it left. It isn't that hard. The best place to practice is probably a Scoutzknivez server because of the low gravity and you don't slow down hardly at all. Also, while in the air longer due to the low gravity you can practice your air strafe (which is the hard part on normal gravity servers), air strafe being the strafe left curve left strafe right curve right portion of bunny hopping.

The best way to try it out in the field is to play on a normal gravity server. Now run out and kill a couple guys and leave one to run away from. Strafe jumping can help you run away (or at least get out of view) so much that you really should know how to do it. Use it to get around corners as you're running away. I say running away but I usually just use it to get some cover and to let my enemy's recoil worsen and his ammo deplete before I jump back out and wtf own his face.

I will (I shouldn't say this) try and get a semi instructional video made for strafe jumping and put it on here.

Another thing is that you can feel it when you're doing it. This may sound cheesey like out of some martial arts film but it will feel like you are water. Or at least a paddle in the water carving your way through. It should feel like that and once you know that and how it feels and how it reacts to you then you can start to do some crazy shit.

For instance: most people can only air strafe when alternating directions (left then right etc). I, however, do not need to do this because I am just so god damn amazing. I will try to show you this.

I believe I already have a decent size demo recorded (with the cs tools) of me playing scoutzknivez. I will try and remember to view it today after work and get a little video of it. But it will probably just look fuckin stupid because you really have to move your mouse around a lot. A lot of people tell me that watching me first person makes them sick because of all the moving. Sometimes even I don't know where I am, but I can always bring it home at the end heh.

Anyways, that was yesterday. Today I may play some CS, I may WoW and try to raid WC again to get a blue 1 hander, but I don't know yet.

My love goes out to everyone who is losing/has lost their jobs, that shit is fucked up.

<3

No comments: