Thursday, May 14, 2009

Free Realms - Still no working Leaderboards

I know what you're thinking. Bonedead, big bad Bonedead, bitching about a kids game. Well I don't care damnit, I am capable of beating these kids, and damn it, I paid to be able to!

I submitted a ticket to customer service explaining my disappointment in the Leaderboards functionality, or lack thereof.

Here is what I said:

I'm pretty sure I should be #1 on the Hack n Slash mini game (Sword Testing) Leaderboard. I have beaten the current high score twice and have screenshots on my blog. I would also like to point out that on the Time section of the Hack n Slash (Sword Testing) Leaderboard there are a ton of people with the time of 31 seconds. I believe they failed the mini game in 31 seconds, but I highly doubt they completed it in 31 seconds, because if they did they would be #1 on the Score Leaderboard for the mini game.

http://bdadv.blogspot.com is my blog where the screenshots are located.

I haven't been playing because of this. I am not here to be with my family or my son and have a jolly good time. I like all of the new little games to try and beat, all I am asking for is some recognition. I paid the same amount of money as everyone else.


First response from a Referee:
Greetings Richard Smallpiper,

This is Referee -censored- answering your ticket. I understand that you feel the Leader Boards are not accurate. Since this is a matter which Referee are unable to assist with, I will direct this issue over to our technical support department who will be best to assist you with your concerns. If this has caused you any trouble at all, I do apologize. I appreciate your ticket Richard and hope you have a wonderful day.

~Referee


Second response from a TSR:
Hello,

The leaderboards do not update constantly. They compile all of the data from all of the servers every couple of days and then update. Could you please continue to watch them and I'm sure you will see your stats increase.

Regards,


Okay. First off, I got my first high score before May 1st. Today is the 14th, so I'm not 100% sold on the whole, every couple of days thing.

However, he is right, my stats did increase as I noted here. However, I am almost positive my current high score (as shown on leaderboards) was attained after beating the current highest score of all players.

Here is my 2nd response:
Thank you Referee for your assistance.
Thank you as well TSR for your response.

I scored higher than the current high score before May 1st. I have since beaten it multiple more times. Just yesterday, I created a video of me getting my highest score yet which I intend to upload to my blog sometime soon (after I reduce the size). I have noticed that since submitting this ticket I no longer have access to the Leaderboards. If that means it is being worked on, great, but I will be rather disappointed if my scores have not been logged. I've noticed that for the Hack n Slash game, the faster your time, the higher your score. Since I have attained the highest score (that I'm aware of) yet, I know that the fastest you could possibly complete the game in is above 40 seconds. Yet the first page or two of the Time Leaderboard is filled with players with 31 seconds.

I haven't played this game for around a week (minus yesterday) simply because I cannot climb the leaderboards.

Since I cannot access the Leaderboards (this is day two of no access) I still consider this issue unresolved.


I threw in that last tidbit because their emails say if I do not respond in 72 hours that the issues would be updated to resolved, and the end of today would be 72 hours.

But yeah, yesterday I decided I would record me beating the current high score. Well, I managed to beat my previous highest score of 21,790 with a 21,8something. I have a feeling I could break 22k if I played it some more.

I'm just curious if I am the only one who cannot access the leaderboards or if they are down for everyone. Because they were up until I got a response to my ticket.

Also, there is no mention of this Leaderboard downtime on the Announcements Forum.

While looking through the announcements forum I came across the most recent (May 11th) patch notes. One fix caught my eye.
* At the end of a kart race, Portraits, Total Time and Placement now appear properly


If you go back a page you'll see my screenshot pointing that one out.

I just want leaderboards to work, that is it. If you're going to advertise it as a feature then you should probably feature it in your game.

Another thing that chaps my ass is that if you search FreeRealms support for "leaderboards" there is only one question, located here.
Can I see my score and compare it to other players?
On the Leaderboards you can check your scores. If you are a member, your score will be posted for everyone to see. If you are not a member, only you can see you scores. But your scores will be saved if you become a member later. You can also check a game's High Scores from the mini-game start window.


Let me emphasize some of that:
...But your scores will be saved if you become a member later. You can also check a game's High Scores from the mini-game start window.


My scores do not appear to be saving and I AM a member. I also cannot check the high scores in game, there isn't even a button to do so anywhere in or out of the mini game.

Come on SOE, I heard your damn commercials on Nickelodeon, how about fixing some shit first?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bonedead, big bad Bonedead, bitching about a kids game.